Last week we talked goals… and how making them clear is the key to staying on track.
And yes, goals are powerful stuff. But there’s a secret to speeding up their success.
It’s a tool used by professional athletes, CEOS, and celebrities – and one I use with my clients…
I’m talking about visualization.
Simply put, visualization is forming a picture in your mind of what your life will be like when you reach your goal – whether that’s to lose weight, heal an illness, or land your dream job.
You see, when you visualize an action, your brain can’t tell the difference between what’s real… or what’s imagined.
This trains your brain, making your vision more likely to become your reality.
But there are a few tricks to making visualization work:
- Use your 5 senses: Picture as much detail as you can. The more vivid, the better!
- Get emotional: Imagine how you’ll feel when you achieve your goal. Confident? Proud? Sexy? The more you dive into the feelings, the more you’ll believe it can happen.
- Time it right: The best times to visualize are first thing in the morning and right before bed.
- Be consistent: Visualization is far more powerful when you do it every day. Luckily, it only takes a few minutes!
ACTION STEP: Each day this week, spend 5 minutes visualizing what it’ll be like when you reach your goal. Anytime you’re tempted to quit, bring yourself back to that vision of your future.
Superfood Spotlight: Kiwi 🥝
This fuzzy green fruit is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. As you know, vitamin C is a nutrient critical for immune health – especially as we enter cold and flu season!
One serving of kiwi fruit (2 kiwis) boasts a whopping 117% of the daily value of vitamin C. They’re also loaded with fiber and are shown to help ease constipation.
Ready to add some kiwi into the mix? Check out the smoothie recipe below:
Recipe of the Week: Green Apple Kiwi Smoothie
- ½ medium granny smith apple, chopped with skin (85g)
- 1 kiwi, 2”, peeled and chopped (70g)
- ½ cup frozen green peas (65g)
- ¼ ripe avocado (35g)
- 1½ tbsp flax seeds, ground (11g)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (10g)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk beverage (240ml)
10 Best Detox Smoothies for a Flat Belly Cleanse
If you overindulged over the holidays and are feeling bloated and foggy… you’re not alone. The holiday season – while fun – can be rough on your health.
So if you’re looking to hit the refresh button, banish the bloat, and clear your mind – a detox may be just what you need. And what’s the perfect way to detox? Smoothies of course! So check out my top 10 detox smoothies for a flat belly cleanse here.
Latest Win 🏆
This week’s win comes from Daniella, who’s new to the Smoothie Diet lifestyle, but loving it so far:
“I’m doing fantastic. I feel fulfilled with no need to cheat or be snacking at all times. No problem making those delicious smoothies. As a matter of fact, it’s super fun to be learning new recipes.” -Daniella G.
So glad you’re enjoying the recipes Daniella – please keep me updated on your progress!
That’s all for now… until next time, have a great week!